Join The Team
At Wisconsin Pet Care we are looking to add to our amazing staff of sitters. If you have a deep passion for animals and their well-being, your skills and compassion may be a great match. People from all levels of experience are welcomed to fill out an application-but you must LOVE animals and want to go above and beyond to give top-notch service to clients and their beloved pets. We would love for this to be considered your dream job! (Must be 21 years of age or older, please.)
- Reliable automobile to get to and from your visits.
- A smart phone that works!
- Deep moral fiber to always do the right thing-unequivocally.
- Ability to self-manage a busy schedule with great time management organizational skill
- Outstanding customer service skills with pet owners and their furry friends.
- Ability to work alone, independently. You will have your visits scheduled and it’s your responsibility to follow them and alert the company of issues.
- You must have a clean driving record, be able to pass a national criminal background check and drug test, pass a personal assessment profile and two professionally conducted in depth interviews.
- Choice of Aflac Supplemental Insurance policies (optional)
- 3 days paid vacation (after one year)
- 3% 401K contribution after 6 months of permanent employment
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED: WE WILL TRAIN!
- Experience in the pet industry–anything and everything from a previous job with a pet sitting company, doggie day care handler, trainer, groomer, vet assistant, vet tech, CPDT. Those with extensive volunteering in a rescue or shelter will be considered, too!
- Knowledge of animal breeds and each breed’s individual behaviors and issues.
- Basic knowledge of medications and how to administer them; such as, Insulin, oral, and transdermal.
- Leash skills with walking dogs, especially those needing extra special care and handling.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
Each “sit” is determined by the length of time scheduled by the clients. The rate of payment is determined by the amount of time spent with the animal. Items that are included in pay are:
- Walking or exercising the animal, or engaging the animal in playful activities, as requested by the client. Providing loving care to the animal – always.
- Refreshing water, feeding, and giving treats if requested by the client concurrent with their feeding schedule.
- Writing in a journal provided to the client documenting the activities during the visit and the health of the animal, if necessary. Anything out of the ordinary needs to be documented so the owner can address these issues immediately
- Text or email the client after each visit with photos and a short update, if requested.
- Answering emails, confirming visits and schedules pertaining to new clients, schedules or meetings.
- Texting or calling Wisconsin Pet Care management for any scheduling conflicts or issues.