Milwaukee Best Dog Walkers Offer Your Pets 5 great Warm Weather Tips
Here in Milwaukee, the weather is starting to warm up which means our pet sitters are taking extra precautions to keep their dog walking and pet sitting clients safe and happy with increasing temperatures and all that comes along with them. Here are some tips from your dog walker to help you do the same with your dogs.
1. Keep dogs away from pesticides. Walking through the city and suburbs of Milwaukee, those little white signs are popping up everywhere. Unless it’s a pet friendly application, those pesticides are toxic to dogs. Steer clear from yard with the signs or any yard that looks too good to be true for this time of year – not everyone puts up signs! Your Milwaukee dog walker will do the same.
2. The 5 second rule. Before leaving, put the back of your hand on pavement on hot days. If it’s too hot for you to keep it there for 5 seconds, the pavement is too hot for dog walking.
3. Keep walks shorter when Milwaukee temperatures soar. This is especially important for dog with shorter/pushed in snouts such as pugs and bulldogs and something all of our pet sitters are mindful of. Wisconsin Pet Care pet sitters can also bring doggie water bottles during dog walks so your dog can drink when needed.
4. Increase indoor stimulation for your dog when it’s too hot for long walks. Ourdog walkers serving Milwaukee will bring puzzle toys and games to wear their clients out.
5. Make sure your dog has access to clean drinking water at all times. Our pet sitters and dog walkers will do this at every visit with your dog.
If you’re looking for a dog walker in the Milwaukee area to help get your dog the exercise she needs this spring, fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch shortly to review your pet sitting and dog walking needs.
Bayside, Bayview, Cudahy, East Side, Fifth Ward, Fox Point, Glendale, Greendale, Greenfield, Hales Corners, Riverwest, Shorewood, South Milwaukee, St. Francis, Third Ward, Walkers Point, Wauwatosa, West Allis, West Milwaukee, Whitefish Bay.
Kenosha, Racine and Walworth Counties:
Bristol, Caledonia, Kenosha, Mount Pleasant, North Bay, Northern Racine, Pleasant Prairie, Somers, Southern Racine, Sturtevant, Wind Point.
Brookfield, Elm Grove, Menomonee Falls (cats only), New Berlin.
Grafton, Mequon, River Hills