Whenever we have clients that have recently moved to Milwaukee County and have utilized our daily dog walking or pet sitting service, we are often asked for local dog park suggestions. Milwaukee County has 7 off leash dog exercise areas, ranging from as far south as Oak Creek, to as north as Menomonee Falls. These parks are all open from sun up- 10:00pm, 7 days/week. In order to use these parks, you must get your dog licensed in your municipality and purchase a Dog Exercise Area permit (daily or annually). You can find more information at http://county.milwaukee.gov/Dogs9203/DogExerciseAreas.htm regarding “Rules and Petiquette” for the parks.
· Granville – 11718 W Good Hope Pl. Located between the Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls border, Granville is Milwaukee’s first dog park. It is NOT fenced in.
· Currie – 3535 N Mayfair Rd. Currie is in Wauwatosa and has 10 acres of fenced in space for your dog to frolic around.
· Estabrook – 4400 N Estabrook Drive. There are separate small and large dog play areas at Estabrook. It is located between Whitefish Bay and Shorewood in Milwaukee’s North Shore.
· Roverwest – 3243 N Weil St. Roverwest is the newest Milwaukee Dog Exercise area and opened in the spring of 2014. As the name suggests, it’s located in the Riverwest area of Milwaukee.
· Bay View – located at the corner of Lincoln and Bay St in Bay View. The space is smaller here at <1 acre.
· Warimont – 6100 S Lake Drive. Warimont is in Cudahy and hosts a 5 acre dog park with wooded areas and trails. It also has separate small and large dog play areas.
· Runway – 1214 E Rawson Ave in Oak Creek. Runway is the largest dog park in Milwaukee with 26 acres of fenced in areas, including separate small and large dog areas.